Welcome to the Health-Biology scientific department
The Health-Biology scientific department is a department of the University of Montpellier that is responsible for both coordinating research and strengthening research-training links in the field of health biology.
The Health-Biology Scientific Department brings together more than 1950 people in 28 research structures and 5 technological or service platforms. The research developed within these structures covers all of the sub-disciplines of health biology, such as biotechnology, medicine, pharmacology, physiology and odontology. The research is centered around strong thematic axes such as cancer, genetics, epigenetics, infectiology, experimental and regenerative medicine and neuroscience.
The missions of the Health-Biology Scientific Department are defined as follows: :
- Contribution to the implementation, development and monitoring of the strategic planning of the University of Montpellier in the scientific field of health biology and reflection concerning future strategic directions.
- Represention of the research structures of the department with respect to the governing bodies of the University of Montpellier.
- Contribution to the coordination and animation of the research structures of the department.
- Contribution to the coordination of scientific-equipment purchase policy and to the mutualisation of equipment between research structures of the department.
- Coordination of grant applications, to selected calls for projects, involving several research structures of the department.
Head of department : Jean-Yves LE GUENNEC – Department secretary : Magali FAYOL-CHASTAING